[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text][highlight2 textColor=”#368534″]Media Release
[/highlight2] – 14nd June 2016
Thousands of solicitors use Will search in Estate Administration work. Are you one of them?[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Certainty Will search (covering registered and unregistered Wills in the UK) is used routinely to prevent incorrect distribution and potential claims with significant results every day.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Study 1
- Circumstances: High street bank advised client to distribute as intestate estate
- Action: Client decides to check by using Certainty Will Search
- Result: Wills found, one dated 2004 held by a law firm, the second dated 2008 at a Certainty member firm
- Circumstances: Solicitor’s client knew their mother had a Will. Location unknown.
- Action: Solicitor uses Certainty Will Search
- Result: Registered Will identified at Certainty law firm. Searchers details passed to firm to make contact with searcher
[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Legal Opinion advises
– “Any solicitor who fails to carry out a Certainty Search, when instructed to obtain a grant of probate or letters of administration, is at extremely serious risk of being found negligent, should a Will emerge which the search could have found….” Tom Dumont, Radcliffe Chambers
[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Many solicitors use Certainty Will Search in Court of Protection
work to establish if a Will or later Will exists allowing beneficiaries to be informed. Also Certainty’s strategic partnership with The Gazette means that you can organise The London Gazette Section 27 notice when using Certainty Will search.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Certainty Will Search
is a low cost disbursement which takes just minutes to activate and produces a report for your file to show the full extent of the search. You can use Certainty Will Search on an ‘as required, case by case’ basis from just £33 + vat though we strongly suggest the all-inclusive package including all services, which should be cost neutral
to your firm.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]What next?
To use Certainty Will Search please contact our Will search team on 0330 100 3660. They will be able to help you with any search requirements you have.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Considering membership?
Will Searching is important and you can also benefit from all other services provided by Certainty through a membership package tailored to suit your firm. Membership can include Will searches, Will Registrations, Willbank Upload, TOUCH Willbank & Client Management system and so on… All packages are designed to be cost free.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]To receive a proposal, further information or discuss the benefits of Certainty membership please contact Gerard O’Driscoll at [email protected]
or 07826 907630.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]There is no obligation but a great deal to be gained.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]