Get ready for 1 May 2022 CQS changes with support from Legal Eye
Legal Eye’s associates have been pouring over the changes to the CQS’s Core Practice Management Standards (CPMS) and are now offering firms a gap analysis so that management can clearly see where there are holes in the firm’s current systems vis a vis the new standards.
Available as a one-off purchase, a gap analysis is the ideal way for firms to create an action plan that will ensure the firm is compliant ahead of the 1 May implementation deadline.
Firms can also access support and guidance to help in adapting and developing policies and procedures – whether it is operational or system changes that are needed; or whether new policies or procedures need to be introduced.
One of Legal Eye’s experienced specialist advisers can be engaged to provide bespoke support (either at your office or via remote access); or firms can purchase standalone templates for the firm to complete on their own.
The Law Society is also introducing on site visits to firms. These will be both practice and reactive. In addition the number of remote assessments of firms’ compliance systems will increase.
These visits are likely to be carried out by an independent assessment body although we await full details.
Firms who receive a visit will be provided with a corrective action report after the visit so that firms can continually improve. It is also anticipated that a greater degree of knowledge sharing will take place amongst the wider CQS community facilitated by the Law Society.
CQS Gap Analysis
Incorporating the requirements of the amended Core Practice Management Standard (CPMS), published by the Law Society in February 2022, the Gap Analysis will be carried out on/off site:
- Structure and Strategy
- Financial management
- Information management
- People management
- Risk management
- Client care
- File and Case management
- Implementation of CQS requirements:
- File reviews – a selection of files across work types
- Staff interviews – a selection of staff at different levels of seniority
Advice, support and a fresh pair of eyes, our team of specialist associates bring a wealth of practical hands-on experience perfect for reviewing your risk and compliance obligations as part of your CQS Gap Analysis.
Gap Analysis – what’s included?
A comprehensive Review Report will be provided, highlighting any CQS corrective actions required. We can then discuss how Legal Eye can further support you on your path to compliance.
The scope of the Gap Analysis will be limited to compliance with the CQS Core Practice Management Standard.
The SRA Accounts Rules and Technical Legal Review do not form part of this agreement
CQS Accreditation Application Support
For firms who are considering CQS Accreditation we have the following application support packages available.
Option 1 – The ultimate service, providing the most comprehensive assistance
Application Assistance including provision and tailoring of documents required plus post application queries.
Following the results of the CQS Gap Analysis, Legal Eye will provide the following support:
- Legal Eye will supply the documented procedures in order to support the CQS application.
- All documented CPMS procedures supplied will cover the requirements of the application. It is the responsibility of the Client to make them fit the specific processes of the firm i.e. file opening procedure detail etc.
- The required policies i.e. AML, Risk Management, Client Care will be updated by Legal Eye to reflect the Clients business i.e. names risk partner etc.
- Legal Eye will update your residential client care letters (i.e. 1 x purchase and 1 x sale) plus provide a compliant terms of business document for submission with the application.
- Legal Eye will conduct a review of your website and advise action to make it compliant
- Legal Eye will supply a precedent Business Continuity Plan and Annual Risk Review document for the Client to complete in line with the firms processes
- Legal Eye will assist in answering any compliance related queries raised by the Law Society post submission.The Client will have to work with Legal Eye to amend / update the policies to fit in with the firms processes. It is important that both parties are aware that updating of the policies can only be undertaken by Legal Eye once the Client has provided feedback and information requested and required by Legal Eye to enable them to update.
Option 2 – Minimal support, perfect as a “just in case” scenario for experienced teams
CQS Application Review
- Review your completed CQS form
- Legal Eye to supply a list of documentation for you to send to us and in turn, we will review for compliance and report back to you
- Review existing Client Care Letter and Terms of Business
- Update the Client Care Letter if required and supply new Terms of Business if required.
Please speak to one of our advisers for more details on how we can support you in preparing for the 1 May deadline.
Email [email protected], call us on 020 3051 2049 or complete the form below for more information or to make an enquiry.