Terms and Conditions for buying goods and services on our website
These terms and conditions apply to all transactions made on any website owned and/or operated by Legal Eye Limited.
Our Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions together with our Privacy Notice and our Acceptable Use Policy (together, the ‘Terms’) provide you with information about us and apply to any contract between you and us. Please read these Terms carefully and make sure you understand them before ordering anything from our website. We will also notify you, at the point of purchase, if there are any additional terms and conditions that may apply to any specific contract made between us.
- Our prices are as set out on our website, do not include packaging, shipping, insurance or travel costs, and are subject to the addition of applicable VAT or other state or national tax in line with any relevant regulations.
- We may vary our prices from time to time, which we will do by updating our website. Price changes will not be retrospective.
- The law says that, if you are a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel a contract during the period set out below; the law does not extend to business buyers, so in law the clauses below do not apply to transactions with organisations.
- Your legal right to cancel a contract starts from the date we confirm our acceptance of your order.
- During the relevant period, if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want to receive or keep a product, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the contract and receive a refund. Advice about your legal right to cancel the contract is available from your local Citizens Advice or Trading Standards office.
- This cancellation right does not apply in the case of:
- digital contents (software, e-books, audio books, PDFs, or other electronic templates, books or reports) once a download has started;
- any products that become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery; or
- any products that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised.
- Under this right to cancel, and where the first day for delivery of any service, whether training or consultancy, falls within a period of 14 days from the day on which the contract was established, you must make the cancellation at least one clear day prior to the planned first day of delivery; in other words, your right of cancellation does not apply on or after the last business day preceding the first day for delivery of that service.
- Under this right to cancel, where you do not specify a date on which you wish to attend a training course or on which consultancy delivery should start, your right to cancel does not apply after 14 days from the date of the contract and you have no right to a refund if you subsequently decide not to proceed with the service.
To cancel a contract, you need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to email [email protected] quoting the electronic purchase sale number, the date of the transaction and the items purchased. This email must contain a categorical statement that goods that have been delivered have not been copied, duplicated or used in any way.
If you cancel your contract, we will:
- refund you the price you paid for the products. However, please note that we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods if this has been caused by your handling them in a way that would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within the deadlines indicated below:
- refund you on the credit or debit card you used to pay
Processing as a Data Controller:
- We process personal data in line with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) and the UK Data Protection Act (‘DPA’) 2018. Our Privacy Notice
Processing as a Data Processor:
- In respect of personal data that you upload to our e-learning portal, or to any other facility that we offer as part of our services to you, we act as a Data Processor and process that data securely, in line with our obligations under the EU GDPR and the UK DPA 2018 and to your order.
- In the event of a data breach (as defined by law) we will notify you within the time frame required by law. It will be your obligation to determine whether or not the incident has to be reported to the relevant supervisory authority.
- Where we act as a Data Processor, we will not sub-contract any processing to any sub-processor without first notifying you.
- We will not hold any personal data beyond the completion of a service agreement other than at your instruction.
Taking account of the nature of the processing, and the risks to the rights and freedoms of natural persons, we apply appropriate measures of security to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all personal data that we process.
- You acknowledge that we own the intellectual property (including copyright) in our websites or in any/all products or services purchased from us. In some cases, where the product is provided by a third party, you acknowledge that the intellectual property in that product is owned by the third party.
- You also acknowledge that use of our website, or purchase of products or services from our website, does not provide any licence for the use and/or modification of our intellectual property (including trademarks and other copyrights) other than in circumstances specifically identified and provided for in relation to a specific product. You therefore agree that, if you do use any of our intellectual property without our prior explicit permission, we may require you to cease and desist from such use and/or pay us an appropriate fee for that use and/or pay us a penalty fee for that use.
Limitation of liability
- Our total liability under or in respect of any contract shall not exceed the amounts paid by you under that contract.
- We shall also not be liable for consequential, indirect or special losses of any sort.
- If any of these terms is at any time held in any jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable, then it shall be treated as changed or reduced only to the extent minimally necessary to bring it within the laws of that jurisdiction and to prevent it from being void, and it shall be binding in that changed or reduced form.
- Subject to that, each provision shall be interpreted as severable and shall not in any way affect any other of these terms.
- No waiver by us in exercising any right, power or provision hereunder shall operate as a waiver of any other right or of that same right at a future time; nor shall any delay in exercise of any power or right be interpreted as a waiver.
- These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you explicitly accept that only the law courts of England have jurisdiction to deal with any matter arising from or in any way, whether directly or indirectly, related to the use of this website and, accordingly, you explicitly waive all and any rights to bring any action of any sort in relation to this website, or to any transaction carried out with it, or any data stored on it or provided to it in any court anywhere else in the world.