Client care is one of the most important aspects of working in a law firm – without clients, there will be no business. The SRA and CLC have specific requirements for client care, so it is important that staff know exactly what is required to provide an excellent experience for the client.
Our ‘Vulnerable clients’ Academy module includes:
- What is a vulnerable client?
- Mental capacity
- Equality and diversity
- Steps you can take
Our ‘Customer service and complaints handling’ Academy module includes:
- The importance of brand and reputational management
- Engaging in customer experience
- Service recovery
- Learning opportunities
Online risk training designed specifically for law firms
The Academy is an online training platform which has been developed specifically for law firms. Covering the essential elements around preventing risk its topics are designed to ensure that all staff receive thorough and effective training.
Don’t forget to look at our Resources tab for extra information as well as our Consultancy Services tab for information about our face to face Client Care training.
Use our client care templates to make sure your firm is up to date and compliant with the latest regulatory and legislative requirements. Our templates are regularly reviewed and updated as necessary when there is a change in regulation, legislation or best practice guidance. Look out for our New and Updated documents which are labelled below.[table “22” not found /]
Browse our selection of supplementary client care resources below – we add to these regularly and have lots of new resources currently in development which will be here soon.
Podcast – Listen to our latest podcast for hints and tips on improving your firm’s complaints handling: all in less time than it takes to make a cup of tea!
Webinar – Complaints Handling for Law Firms – Part 1 A focus on Regulation
Webinar -Complaints Handling for Law Firms – Part 2 Reducing the occurence of complaints
Work with a Legal Eye Associate who will provide sound knowledge and a selection of practical solutions for your firm to comply with ever-changing regulatory framework. Browse our paid-for consultancy services below and get in touch if you have any questions or require more information.
We aim to reduce the stress that is often involved in handling complaints.
Our team works across all areas of legal practice, for example; private client, litigation and conveyancing (in particular high volume transactional/remortgage work). Clients will often fully outsource complaint handling to Legal Eye or alternatively some use the service on a ‘per complaint/one off’ basis.
The service includes:
– An independent review of the client’s complaints.
– Preparation of a response following a review of the client’s file, alongside consideration of the Legal Ombudsman Scheme Rules.
– The review can take place either onsite or offsite by remote access to the case management systems.
– Provide suggested areas of improvement to combat the reoccurrence of a complaint of a similar nature.
– Provide monthly, quarterly or annual reports on complaints investigated, including trends and root cause analysis. This in turn allows firms to improve efficiency and productivity.
Our ‘Complaint Handling Tool Kit’ includes further documentation to help you to effectively manage complaints:
– Review/Draft Complaint policy for clients.
– Review/Draft Internal complaints handling procedure.
– Provision of an agenda for a quarterly review meeting and of a tool to record the minutes.
– Provide an effective recording function to capture; the detail, provide a reporting function and pull together trends.
We also offer face-to-face training for your team covering:
– Complaint handling the process, recording, reporting and monitoring
– The psychology of a complaint …why do people complain?
– The importance of brand and reputational management – focus on social media and client retention
– The difference between a ‘grumble’ and a ‘complaint’ – the value in responding to and recording both.
– Engaging in service recovery active listening, managing expectations, managing difficult conversations.
– Bespoke training modules can also be created to cater to your particular requirements.
Legal Eye is offering guidance which is tailored to your firm using the guidelines provided by the regulators and also with reference to specialist opinion provided by leading counsel.
Our team will use their detailed knowledge and experience both of the regulations and of how other firms are implementing the changes to help you to compile and present your price and service transparency website information.
Different packages are available depending on your requirements. We will cover pricing presentation, representation of ‘service’ including how to deal with complaints information and, where required, we’ll facilitate gathering together biographies of relevant members of staff in order to comply with the requirement to show who will be carrying out the work.
File reviews are a critical part of any firms’ compliance regime.
Thorough and regular peer review of a random selection of files demonstrate that a firm’s processes and procedures are working.
Employing Legal Eye to carry out independent file reviews introduces an extra layer of objectivity and neutrality to the process and frees up time for your staff.
Our team will review files at your offices and offer constructive suggestions about potential changes that could be made to improve quality and drive efficiency at your firm.
Acting as your ‘professional friend’ we’ll not only reduce the legwork involved in this time-consuming aspect of risk and compliance but we’ll bring a fresh perspective and constructive approach to continually improving your risk and compliance systems.